Openbis installation help

I have installed openbis when i run command ./bisup.sh ./allup.sh and have as well configured apache to look for jetty but apparantly the page http://localhost:8080/openbis does not show up.

I ran following commands after untarring openbis…tar.gz file

run-console.sh then ./bisup.sh and ./allup.sh

i have also set up console.properties settings but yet not able to get openbis running on browser
is there any simple installation script/documentation step by step available which will help me to configure openbis on ubuntu 22.04 virtualbox.

We prepare VirtualBox using Vagrant and in this repository

we keep the Vagrant file

where you have complete instruction and commands how to install openBIS on Ubuntu.

Please follow this installation method. It gives you working setup.
Additionally you can download and run our demo on VirtiualBox what gives you working system right out of the box and you can compare between it and your system at which level this does not start correctly.

1 Like

To be fair to @artur.pedziwilk , he’s also doing a great job in preparing a docker container if you want to deploy OpenBIS in the easiest way

Hello,
i’m trying to setup the openBIS for our group. Thanks for the good documentation and scripts.
I’ve tried to setup the system based on the vagrant script by following the installation steps. Now I have a problem: Trying to start the bisup an error occurs:

ERROR [main] OPERATION.PostgreSQLAdminDAO - Failed to get the version of the database server.

The config file of postgresql (pg_hba.conf) is equivalent to the vagrant script: Maybe there is an error because within the script the path postgresql is accorded to version 11. I’m using postgresql 15 and adjusted the paths, but without success. Is there something else to configure for postgresql beside the part written in the vagrant script?

Best regards
Richard

Is there a planed release (-date) of the openbis-demo docker image?

1 Like

Hello Richard,

I had the same problem - try starting the docker image without the detached (-d) command, if you have used that.
For me this fixed this issue.

1 Like

Dear @rneubert-tubaf, @bafe,
we have a regular workflow now to publish and support in production ready regime the
https://hub.docker.com/r/openbis/openbis-server
container images of each officialy supported release including the early access.

1 Like

Thank you dear @artur.pedziwilk for your work! It is very much appreciated

Hi, I got the same error when I run ./allup.sh. Any soulotion for non-expert person?